About MGS

Welcome to the MGS Headteachers's Blog.



Tuesday 20 February 2018

20 February 2018


Welcome back to school and to Term 4.  I hope those who were able to have a week away enjoyed the break.  I particularly would like to welcome back the students and staff who went on this year's ski trip to Italy.  I hope the snow was good and that there were very few injuries.

 

We come back to school with many students beginning the final push towards their summer examinations.  Many subjects finish teaching during the next few weeks and begin the all-important revision.  Coursework deadlines are also just around the corner with many students completing essential work that contributes towards the final grade.  Keep your heads down everyone and continue working hard.

 

This week is a very busy and important one for me as it is the time when I appoint the next School Captain and School Vice-Captain.  Yesterday and today six students from Year 12 are going through a rigorous interview process to decide the outcome.  Following these two days I will then appoint the successful candidates later in the week.  It will be once again a pleasure inviting those students to take on the roles.  I look forward to seeing what happens.

 

Beginning this week every student in Year 11 has an interview with a senior member of staff to discuss their plans for next year and how they are progressing this year.  These interviews help to focus the students’ minds during the last few of months before the examinations in May.

 

Over half term I had my final thoughts to how I see the school developing over the next 5 to 10 years which I presented at an Extended Leadership Team meeting last night.  Following this I will then present my vision to the governors and staffing body at meetings later this term and to parents and students later in the year.